Message from the director
Welcome to the website of the Doctoral School of Chemistry, Ecology, Geosciences and Agrosciences aka “Théodore Monod” which, since January 1st, 2018, brings together the doctoral schools of the Universities of Poitiers and Limoges in the field of Environmental Sciences.
The “Théodore Monod” Doctoral School brings together laboratories whose common denominator is to conduct research on the environment in the broadest sense. Environmental Sciences include Chemistry, Ecology, Geosciences and Agrosciences (CEGA). Several research activities lie at the interfaces between these different disciplines. Close links exist, for example, between Health, Food and Environment.
The T. Monod Doctoral School thus brings together about 350 researchers and more than 150 PhD students. This Website is dedicated to future PhD students, PhD Students and Thesis Supervisors. You will find information about the Doctoral School, admissions and application, thesis proposals, funding, doctoral students’ life and doctoral courses.
Didier BOUCHON & Véronique DELUCHAT
Heads of the T. Monod Doctoral School
Opening of Applications for the Recruitment 2021
Recruitment 2021 on institutional funding is now open.
Fundings of the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation and Nouvelle Aquitaine Region
See the recruitment calendar selecting the site of the relevant University (University of Poitiers, University of Limoges)
Undertaking a PhD Thesis
Before applying for registration as a doctoral candidate, it is up to the candidate to find a thesis supervisor who will agree to supervise the research. You can find the current year’s thesis offers by following this link.
Doctoral registration requires funding. The rules of the T.Monod doctoral school set a minimum of 1 200 € per month for the three years of the thesis. You will find below an overview of possible funding. Depending on your situation, your host institution, your country of origin, a company or the European Union can finance your research project.
· MESRI: French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation
· CNRS: French National Centre for Scientific Research
· INRAE: French National Research Institute for Agriculture, Food and Environment
· ENS: École Normale Supérieure
· DGA : French Ministry of Defense:
· ANR: French National Research Agency
· Industrial Training Agreement for research (a French agreement allowing to prepare a doctorate inside a company): CIFRE
· Research contract with a company
· Foreign funding
How to register?
Prerequisite for registration:
· French students: hold a Master’s degree or an engineering degree in scientific disciplines.
· Foreign students: hold a French Master’s degree or benefit from an exemption. The exemption is requested by the future thesis director. It includes a letter of motivation, the agreement of the thesis director, the agreement of the director of the research unit and the conditions of funding.
· European students or students belonging to a signatory country of the EHEA (European Higher Education Area): attach to the application file a copy of all university degrees, the certified copy of the master’s degree and the detailed content of the master’s courses.
· Students from other countries: attach a certified copy of all university degrees and the detailed content of all courses taken at the university
First year registration:
Registration for the doctorate must be done at the university concerned. Please select the corresponding link below: