PhD registration requires having a funding. ED SIMME rules sets a minimum of 1000,00€ per month during the three years of the thesis. You will find below an overview of the possible fundings.
Depending on your situation, your host institution, your home country, a company or the European Union may finance your research project.
Under doctoral contract, with or without co-funding
- MESRI : Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation,
- Région Nouvelle Aquitaine,
- CNRS: Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique,
- ENS: École Normale Supérieure
The research grant provided under a doctoral contract (fixed-term contract) is a salary paid by the administrator institution (for MESRI or RPC grants, the institution is the University or School where the PhD students is registered). The research grant is assigned for 3 years. The amount of the gross salary per month is set by Decree.
For further information, read the article about doctoral funding on MESRI Website.
Without a doctoral contract
All types of co-funding grants and scholarships
Non-co-funding grants and scholarships
- Région Nouvelle Aquitaine
- Ministry of Defense: DGA
- EPIC: (ONERA, CNES,…),
- EPST: (CNRS, IRSTEA, INRIA, …),
- Industrial Training Agreement for research (a French agreement allowing to prepare a doctorate inside a company): CIFRE,
- Research contract,
- Foreign funding,
- “Eiffel” grant (for PhD student under joint doctorate agreement).