Reasons to do a PhD are various:
- Doctorate is the highest of Academic Degrees. It is also internationally recognized.
- It allows you to improve your studies field(s) through research, to diversify and enhance your skills in an institutional and scientific framework.
- It is also a way to develop industrial contacts within leading-edge sectors, even abroad.
- For those who aspire to an academic career, PhD is a sine qua non to become an associate professor.
- If you want to continue with a professionnal activity amoung the private/public or national/international research, PhD is expected if you want to reach the highest positions.